Thursday, January 28, 2010

Notes from the Road – Yuma AZ. @ Prison Hill



In 2007, we played on Prison Hill in Yuma Arizona -- literally on Prison Hill. I remember Bobby set up this show with some kid through MySpace. It sounded sketchy at first, but it ended up being one of my favorite shows.







I can't imagine how these kids started hosting punk rock shows on the hill, but I salute them for their DIY attitude. Our friends ORDER OF THE FLY have played on Prison Hill and said they had fun too, but they also said they had a hard time with powering all their amps and keyboards. I didn't understand why they had a problem till we got there and found out they ran the power from a small gas generator. I remember I kept eyeballing the gas generator because it looked less than half full even before the first band played. The kids assured me it would last all night, and he was right.




These kinds of shows must have been going on for a while because when the sun set more people showed up. By the end of the night, the hill was packed. I thought for sure the police would arrive and shut down the outdoor party, but they never did.



These pictures don’t do it justice. The energy from the crowd was amazing. The sky was filled with stars, and the weather was cool and energizing. Also our friends SATURDAY NIGHT SHOCKERS stopped by and played that night as well.



The following pictures I found on my computer from the show. I didn't note who took them, so if it was you let me know!




1 comment:

  1. That's so bad ass Jimmy. Sounds like something you guys should do again for sure.

    ReplyDelete